CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, March 1, 2012

What a Week

I'm going to write these things down because they are crazy things that I'll probably think about in the future. Don't feel like you have to read about it. This is for my own documentation.

Tuesday, laptop died. It seriously completely stopped working. Don't know what happened, but it made me upset. Isn't it funny how dependent on the computer we can be nowadays? I think our computer is still under warranty so hopefully it can be fixed.

Today, I asked Jace to put my cell phone in his pocket and take it out to the car for me. My hands were full carrying Ariana and the diaper bag and all of the blankets and stuff. Anyways, Jace decided that once he got outside, he wanted to run around in the snow. Well, he got in the car and my phone was no longer in his pocket. So, I don't know if it's in the snow or if it's in my car or where it is. No laptop and no phone....TORTURE! At least I have internet other places I go.

My other excitement for the week happened yesterday at my in-laws house. Lance and I had tickets to the Jazz game last night. The plan was to leave Jace with the in-laws and then I was going to take Ariana to my mom and go pick Lance up from work and we would go to the game. Well, things didn't go as planned. I unlocked my car doors and got Ariana in the car. Well, I went to get in my seat and the door was locked, along with every other door. Of course, the keys happened to be inside the car with Ariana. I didn't freak out much because I knew she had a blanket on her and was fine when I got her in. I tried calling Lance and he didn't answer. I knew he had a key. I tried and tried calling him with no answer. Anyways, it had started blizzarding pretty bad outside and was really cold. After about 20 minutes of trying him, I called the security officer at his building (luckily I work with security and knew their number), and asked him to go find my husband. It had started getting way too long and I knew that even if I did finally get a hold of Lance, I would have to wait another 30 minutes for him to get there. Ariana had started screaming by that point. So, I finally gave in and called the police. So, I went outside and stood in the frigid cold and sure enough, a fire truck and police car pulled up. They worked on the car for a good 10-15 minutes before it finally unlocked. Ariana was still crying hysterically. My brother-in-law had to get her out because my hands were so frozen, I couldn't unlatch her seatbelt. I got in and wasn't even able to hold her because I was sopping wet from standing outside. Anyways, I learned my lesson to always keep my keys in my hand. You never know when the car doors are going to lock automatically on their own. After all this happened, there wasn't time for us to really make it to the Jazz game. It worked out though. I'm kind of glad we didn't have to drive to the game in the weather. I wonder if Ariana will look back on this one day and think what a crazy mom I was.

0 comments: