CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, August 3, 2013

All about Ariana

Did you miss me? It's only been a year since I last posted. I guess I got lazy and just stopped blogging. Anyways, a year ago, I posted about my baby turning one. Here we are a year later and she is now two! Time flies when you're having fun. Anyways, just thought I should give a little update on the kids.

Let's start with our little girl since probably the most has changed with her and I should document some of it somewhere. Ariana is our slow learning child. She's really taken her time doing things. She didn't walk until about 21 months. Some people still see her and say "ahh...she just learned to walk". She's definitely got the new walk look but she's getting faster and faster everyday. At her 2-year appointment, she weighed in at 29 pounds (77th percentile) and 34 inches (51st percentile). She definitely has a little pot belly, but oh how I love it. Her head size is still off the charts.

Ariana has really turned into a jabberer. I love hearing her sit and talk. She's slowly starting to mimick things we say and do. If she sees us change our clothes, she'll have a new set of clothes to bring to you so she can get dressed too. When it's time to leave, she'll stop and stick her arm in the air and wave at you until you wave back at her and say bye. If someone goes to the fridge, she'll be right behind you so she can get in too and show you what she wants out of it. Every once in awhile, she'll look at the camera and say "cheese". Whenever she gets mad or frustrated or something hurts her, she'll throw her hand over her mouth and let out a cry. Her hair is long enough where I can brush it and put it up. She's getting more and more patient with getting her hair done. She really enjoys helping out with things. If she sees us do things like clean up, she'll get down and hand you things to put away. She also likes to take things and put them in the garbage. She is definitely our snuggler. She LOVES to sit on peoples laps. If I'm sitting on the floor or the bed or anywhere, she automatically takes her spot on my lap. Sometimes, Jace will fight her for it and Ariana will throw a fit. She won't stand for it. That is her spot. Ariana is turning more and more into a girly-girl. I hope she keeps it up. If she hears music, she'll dance to it. Hopefully in a year we'll start her in a dance class. She definitely knows when she looks pretty because she receives so much praise. She likes to dress up. She has a couple skirts she really likes to wear. Sometimes I'll change her diaper and pull up her nightgown to find a skirt underneath it. The other day, she found an empty thing of eye shadow and was sticking her finger in it rubbing it on her eyes.

We moved a few months ago to a new place and we decided when we moved, we weren't going to set up the crib again. Jace got a new bed and Ariana moved to the toddler bed. The first week or so was a little difficult because it was so easy for her to get out of it, but she adjusted really quickly to it. She is definitely our sleeper. Sometimes I wish she and Jace didn't have to share a room because if he wasn't in there, she would sleep in every morning.

Ariana loves to carry stuff. She used to have an attachment to a certain blanket. She couldn't sleep without it or go anywhere without it. Recently, we misplaced the blanket. For all I know, Jace could have hidden it from her. I think since we lost it, she has learned to be okay without it. I'm sure if it ever shows up again, she'll be pretty excited. I have noticed though, if she gets really tired or hurts herself, she looks for a blanket to comfort her. In general though, she likes to have something in her hands. Sometimes it's just an empty cup or bag.

Ariana just learned how to give kisses. It used to be great big open-mouth kisses. More recently, they've turned into real kisses, even though the smooch sound might not come until she takes her lips off your face. She can also be a real hugger. I've noticed it most when she's in a shopping cart and she'll lean into me and put her arms around me and say "ahh."

Anyways, here are some recent pics of our little angel!

1 comments:

oh said...

Ariana is a cute doll of a girl with a sweet personality! I love all of the pictures : )