CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Baby's First Campout

Last weekend, we took Jace on his first camping trip and let me tell you....it was quite interesting. About a month ago, I broke my foot carrying Jace down the stairs. Apparently, I did a great job because I broke 5 bones (one just in 4 pieces) and had to have a plate and 4 screws put in to hold it together. So, you can only imagine the excitement and difficulty camping was for me with sleeping in a tent with a baby that loves his crib and a broken foot.

Jace had a pretty good time being outside. He did manage to get himself a little sun (even though mommy put sunscreen on his face...she promises!) Night time was a whole different story. It took quite awhile getting Jace to sleep and then at about 2:00 am, he decided he was awake. He just cried and cried. Luckily, our tent was quite aways away from everyone else so they couldn't hear him. I spent the majority of the night up with him while Lance snored away.

Jace and mommy getting ready for the fire



Me lounging around with my bright orange "hunting" cast.


Jace enjoying time in the chair, surprisingly happy in the morning




Jace enjoying time in his playpen

He finally wore down after a long night!


Dirty little Brynn...loves the dirt! But not pictures


The final result of camping...rosy cheeks and a happy face!

7 comments:

The Stone's said...

Nicole I'm so glad you found our blog! Hooray for blogging! I will for sure add you to our list of friends! What a handsome little boy! He's gonna break some hearts with those beautiful eyes!!!

Andrea Campbell said...

Good job Cole, we'll get together and I'll teach you more about blogging!

Tanya said...

Yay for blogging!! It was fun to see your fam! Jace is adorable!

michael. mindy. dane. said...

Nickel! I didn't know you had a blog but I'm so glad! Now maybe I can know what's going on in your life!!

Sarah said...

I'm so glad you figured out the whole blogging thing! I really want to come hang out with you, but gas prices suck so bad. Maybe we could meet up at your mom's or something? I love you!!

Unknown said...

Jace is so cute, you guys! What a happy looking kid, I love that last pic!!

campbellclan said...

What do you mean we couldn't hear Jace at night. I was as far away as anybody and I heard him!