CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Happy Birthday little Buddy!

Today is a very sad day for me because I feel like my baby isn't a baby anymore now that he's one year old. I feel like he's out of that baby age. I just can't believe that this first year of having him has flown by so fast. This past week, I was seriously thinking that maybe I had his Birthday wrong because it doesn't seem like it should be the one year mark already. My little Jacer is just growing too fast. It's kind of been a hard weekend. We had a party with our families all planned and everything changed when Lance, Jace, and I got the flu this weekend. We think it started with Jace because he threw up on like Wednesday or Thursday and then he's been having messy diapers constantly since then. Then, Lance and I woke up yesterday morning with the same thing. So, unfortunately, we cancelled the party until later this week. It's a little sad to have to have done that because it's so much funner to have your party right on your Birthday and I was so excited to have it, but then at the same time, Jace will never know the difference. It juse means putting off his first Birthday cake and presents until later in the week. My sweet mom is still going to come by tonight to give Jace a little Birthday dinner since I still don't feel up to cooking. Jace did get a donut for breakfast this morning and he loved it! It was just one of those small powdered donuts, but still, it was a real treat for him. Here are a few pictures of Jace in his first year of life.
Our beautiful 9 lb 10 oz 22-inch long little boy born October 19 and 12:21 AM. Yes, he was very huge!

This is the most recent photo we have of him. I know it probably looks like we're like pulling his arms, but we're really not. Jace just likes to walk on his tiptoes and go very fast, which is the reason he can't walk yet. He's now 20+ pounds and probably like 30 inches. His one-year appointment is this week, so we'll soon find out.

I wish I could just post every picture I have of him, but I thought these were a few of the best ones. I'm sure I'll post again once we actually have his Birthday party later this week. Let's hope nothing else gets in the way of it. Happy Birthday my little guy!

3 comments:

Aubrey said...

Wow, I can't believe it's been a year! Happy birthday, Jace!

michael. mindy. dane. said...

I know I say this every time, but he is SO DANG CUTE!! I can't believe you have a 1 year old! It seems like just yesterday we were getting ready to go to western swing, getting 50 cent ice cream, and making Sara mad about one thing or another!!!

Josh, Kyrie, Declan and Lochlan said...

Happy Birthday Bud! Nicole and Pants: Don't worry...now you get to hit a lot more milestones like, walking (and getting into everything!), talking (be careful what you say...he'll be a parrot!), and all the "ta da" and "I did it" moments! Congrats, ya did good!!