CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Trip to the doctor

Today, I took Jace to his doctor for his 1-year visit. Those visits are horrible! It's one of the hardest things to go through as a parent. They haven't been so bad so far, but the 1-year is definitely the worst! Jace now weighs 22 pounds 4 ounces and is 30 inches long. So, he has finally averaged his weight/height out. When he was newborn, he was huge. He was off the charts up until about 6 months. Then, after that, he finally averaged out his weight and height. He's actually still above average on his height, but he's average on weight. He had to have 6 shots today. It was rough for both of us. He usually only gets shots in his legs, but being that it's flu shot season, he got to have them in his arms as well. Let's just say...I'm very glad to have gotten today over, but the next few days might be a little rough with a grumpy baby. I hate shots!

2 comments:

Amy said...

I love seeing how big our babies are getting! I remember Jace was so huge as a newborn, and I was getting scared for you! How cool that he's evening out now. Colby is 24 lbs(65%) and 28 inches long(10%), short and chubby.

I hope the aftermath of shots goes okay. I hate shots!

Sarah said...

I definitely know how that goes! I hope Jace is feeling better. Dagny has to get tubes put in her ears on the 17th and I'm not excited for that!