CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, February 8, 2010

February Fun

I know, I'm really a slacker with blogging. There's just nothing exciting going on lately. I haven't been taking pictures of Jace because he just won't look at the camera. He runs when the camera comes out of the case. We haven't been up to much lately. Jace is just as cute as ever and I can't get enough of him. He's starting to act terribly 2, but I'm pretty okay with it because he's the cutest kid. He's starting to talk so much more and have conversations with me. A lot of it is still jibberish, but oh well. He loves music. His favorite song by far is "Have you Ever Seen the Rain" by CCR. He loves to sing along with it and will ask for it to be played over and over again. He actually had about a week where he wanted to use the potty, so I finally bought him an Elmo potty. He would only go once a day. Now, he's kind of dropped the idea and doesn't want to do it anymore. That's okay, he's still young. Today, we were at the store and he knew where the underwear aisle was because we've looked at it before to see what kind there were when we do want to put him in underwear. He led me right to the Elmo pairs and asked for them. Maybe one of these days I'll break in and buy him some.

Also, something new is I applied to work at my old job, the place I worked before where I am now. I got the job. It was the hardest decision to make because I don't mind my job now and I just never thought I would go back to my previous job. Anyways, at the end of it all, I decided to take it. There were so many pros and cons of going back, but after talking it over, it just seemed like the right thing to do right now. If I had my choice, I would just stay at home with Jace everyday, but unfortunately, that just can't happen right now.

Last night was our annual Superbowl party with my family. It's one of those things that we look forward to every year. The girls usually do some sort of craft while the guys watch the game. Jace got to play with his cousins and he had a blast. And he was so good. There were no tears from Jace hitting them or anything like that. Unfortunately, one of the nieces and nephews were sick. But there was one healthy one for Jace to play with. Let's cross our fingers he doesn't get it! One thing about the Superbowl this year that we've never done before is a game to go along with it. My mom made up a chart with all of our names on it and a bunch of numbers. At the end of each quarter, whatever the score was, whoever's name was by those numbers got a prize. The other game they did was everyone filled out a paper beforehand with our guesses about what would happen during the game and then at the end, they added up who got the most and they got to pick a prize. There were questions like "will the national anthem be longer that 1 min 42 sec or shorter" and "who will the MVP thank first" with some options. Anyways...I outbeat my whole family and got 8 out of 10 questions right. I told my family that I know more about football than they think. Of course, they didn't buy it. Lance about gave in when I told him that. Anyways, we had quite the choice of food items. It's like thanksgiving, but with a whole ton of junk food. My mom said that next year, they're not doing that. I told her it wouldn't be the Superbowl without all the food.

So, anyways, this year, the girls did a Valentine's craft. I've really been enjoying doing crafty stuff lately. I never thought I would be crafty. So, here's what we did last night.

I think it's the cutest decoration and one thing I don't have hardly any of is Valentine's decorations. I went out today and bought the ribbon and I had to watch a youtube video on how to tie a good ribbon. I think it turned out pretty cute. Now, I have a St. Patrick's decoration to do. I've been wanting to make a heart wreath for my front door, but everywhere I go either doesn't have a styrofoam heart or is sold out. I guess that project might just have to wait until next year.

Anyways, here are some pictures for the Superbowl.


Okay, this picture is kind of from the Superbowl. I decided I was going to take dessert since I knew there would already be a lot of other food. Well, I wanted to make a pie for my dad because our car broke down the other day and he came and rescued us. Anyways, I got a food processor for Christmas and I really wanted to try it out with a pie crust. I tried it last year without a food pro and it didn't work. So, I put it to the test again this year and it turned out perfect! I was sooo happy! I accomplished something that a lot of people can't do. Well, it was almost perfect. I still am not sure how to make the fancy edge of a crust.


Jace and Cambree were such buds last night. They share their dinner and they watched movies together. Then, later in the night, Cambree was sick with some sort of stomach bug. Woops....guess I should have kept Jace away and not let them share their food.


They're so cute. I love that they're so close in age.


Brynn wouldn't let me get by without taking a picture of her. She was the only healthy child there besides Jace.


Here's sicky Dillan. He was my bud last night laying on my lap so I could scratch his back. He wouldn't pull a real smile so that's why I have a grumpy face. I was trying to match his but he managed to pull out a small smile.

Anyways, it was a fun night last night with the fam. I look forward to next year (unless my mom won't let us bring all the food).

1 comments:

Jewls said...

That craft is SO cute! I'm totally coveting it, ha ha! What a great way to make the Super Bowl exciting, I just helped my cousin with her blog the whole time!