CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Wild Week

Well, talk about a pretty crazy week. To start off with, I started physical therapy. It's been both a good experience and a bad experience, if there is such thing as both. The good part of it is that I get to walk around in a swimming pool and I don't have to wear my boot! The bad part is that it hurts! It does not feel good to have a foot filled with screws pulled and twisted around. I guess it'll be good in the long run though. This week, I'm really supposed to be walking around without crutches, but it's not as easy as it seems, plus, again, it doesn't feel good. It's really hard to take myself off crutches and trust putting all of my weight on my foot. Hopefully I'll get without crutches soon. I've been practicing and I think I've pretty much discovered that I forgot how to walk on my foot.

Jace has had a very exciting and hard week. All I can say is that teething is no fun! He's now up to 5 1/2 teeth. I know you wonder about the half, but the 6th tooth is really causing him trouble. He's got a big red swollen bulge in his mouth where that tooth is trying to push through. I'll be relieved once it does finally push through as I'm sure he will as well. For the past 3 days, it's been causing Jace to fever and fussiness and all that fun stuff that comes along with getting teeth. Part of me thinks it's more than teething though. He's been getting fevers about 100 degrees and he hasn't slept well. When he does go to sleep, he wakes up after only a couple minutes and cries again. He got invited to his first Birthday party today that we had to miss because he's been sick.

On the other side of the bad, one great thing finally happened! Jace finally has become very mobile. Yesterday we were at my mother-in-law's and I put something in front of Jace and he figured out how to get himself to it. He's scooting! He's not really crawling because he doesn't know how to use his arms, but he sure is using his knees and feet to move himself. I'm very excited that he can move around the room now, but now that he's learned it, he moves around the room constantly. Me and my broken foot are having a hard time keeping up with him.

A lot of good things happening this week....teeth, crawling/scooting, the use of my foot. And I'm sure it will only get better in the following weeks.

2 comments:

Manda Jane Clawson said...

Isn't it just amazing to watch babies grow up? They learn everything so fast!

Jenni said...

Ok, wow I am so out of the loop here! So sorry about your foot! That is miserable. I really don't know how you've done it with Jace and everything. So my hat is off to you and Lance! I hope that foot feels better soon. Oh and teething! Poor Jace! I hope that sixth tooth comes in real soon.