CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Living by the Mountains

Today, I had a very scary experience.  I've always thought living in Tooele is great, at least since we've lived here.  That is....until today.  I was outside taking my dogs potty.  I have a fear of them being outside alone since the death of our puppy.  And we have dogs that moved in next door that are big and loud and I'm a little afraid of them.  Well, today I'm out with the dogs and our bigger dog, Whitey, starts barking at something out front.  Well, I look through the fence and see a bunch of trucks that almost look like animal control trucks.  Someone has called animal control on me before, so I was a little concerned that they were after me.  One of the trucks happened  to be a wildlife truck.  So, anyways, I'm curious about what's going on, so I take the dogs inside and go out front to get our garbage can and to see what's going on.  A lady comes up to me and asks if I've seen anything out in the field in front of our house.  Oh...sorry...I neglected to mention we live across the street from a field.  Anyways...I tell her no, but then I ask her exactly what it is they are looking for and what does she tell me?  A mountain lion.  I about freaked.  I grabbed my garbage can and ran back inside.  I watched out the window for awhile and there were several people out in the field looking around.  After awhile, they all left.  I have no idea if they found anything or what happened.  I'm now scared to death of a mountain lion picking me or one of my dogs up and running away with me.  I get anxiety really bad, so this didn't help anything.   I don't think I can ever leave my house again without the fear of something happening to me!

3 comments:

Jenni said...

Oh my heck I would pee my pants any time I left the house! Scary! Do you know anything yet on if they did find anything? Oh man that is scary!

Jenni said...

Ok so I don't know if I'm just crazy or what but I can't see where to post a comment on your above post. So I'll just leave one here. Oh good gravy Jace is such a stud! I love that first picture with his cheesy grin! He seriously is such a sweet little guy!

Lance and Nicole said...

I'm still scared to go outside to get the mail or anything. I want to drive to FHE 2 houses away because 1. I'm afraid of a mountain lion and 2. I'm afraid of my neighbor's dogs. I don't know anything as to now about this mountain lion if it was caught or anything. The field isn't huge, so I think with all the people, they would have found it if it was there.