CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Count Your Blessings

I haven't had much to post about lately. Lately, I've really been noticing the blessings in my life. I had surgery on my foot again about 2 weeks ago. They removed all the hardware in my foot. It was crazy. They gave it to me as a souvenir, and it looked like something I could use to fix something in my house. I thought I was feeling pretty good getting used to having screws in my foot, but I feel so much better having it out. I'm walking more normal than I have in over 6 months! It's strange to think that half of my son's life, I've had a broken foot and haven't walked normal. Jace is now 13 months and I keep hearing about other people's kids walking. Well, I've kind of moped and been kind of sad that Jace is a little bit slower with it and is behind kids that are even younger than he is. This week recovering from this surgery, it dawned on me...it's actually a blessing that he isn't walking! As much as I want him to walk, the Lord is watching out for me. He's not giving me more than I can handle. Now that I'm walking almost normal now, it'll be soon that Jace will get going right along with me.

Since I last posted, Jace has changed a lot. Teeth #7 and #8 are coming in and they're big nasty molars! Ahhh! He's really starting to copy the things we say. His favorite word to say is "dog or dogin (also dog)" and "dad". He's also made his attempts at hi, grandma, grandpa, cracker, hot, and several other things. He also says "Tom" pretty well (my little brother). We've been working on saying "ho ho ho" with him for Christmas and it always comes out "haha". The only thing he won't say is "mama". For some reason, that's just not something he wants to say. He's also been giving hugs to everyone he knows lately. He gave his first kiss today to my little brother. He loves his Uncle Tom.
.
Today, we went and got pictures of Jace taken for his 1-year Birthday. He was so happy for them. He didn't smile really big, but he had this happy little content look on his face. He was so sweet and they turned out so cute! Unfortunately, I don't have any copies of them to post. Anyways....not anything too exciting to post about right now. I'll post pictures later after I take some.

3 comments:

Liz said...

He is getting big. I agree though it is a great blessing he isn't walking yet:)

Manda Jane Clawson said...

He is getting so big! He will be running all over before you know it, I agree with you, major blessing!!

Heather said...

Your baby is just so so dang cute. Seriously I was the same way with Aleksia not walking and she didn't start until she was 17 months old. I was so bummed when so many little ones were tootling around and she just wanted to be carried. But then she did start walking and it was awesome and I wanted her to be a teeny baby again. haha.

hang in there, and I agree that the Lord is watching out. He knows us and it all works out for the best.

congrats on the hardware-less foot :)

Heather