CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving Weekend

I can't believe that Thanksgiving is already over. For Thanksgiving, we went up to a really small town by Logan called Trenton. We were supposed to celebrate with my family this year, but I sacrificed and celebrated with Lance's family instead. It was a lot of fun though. I missed my family, of course, but it was nice being with Lance's family too. It was really important to Lance to get to go because it's very rare that he gets to see his family in Trenton and they get to go shooting up there being that it's such a small town. Also, he got to go shooting with his dad and his brother, which they haven't been able to do in years. Being that his dad works for the railroad, it's a rare occasion for him to be there for family holidays such as Thanksgiving. We were supposed to eat a deep fat fried turket, but the fryer didn't work. It was a bummer because I was pretty excited for it. The feast was quite yummy. After we ate, we all gathered up and went to shoot guns, even Jace. We stuck a pair of over-the-ear earplugs on him because it got a little loud. There had to be at least 10 people there shooting their guns all at once. I even got up and attempted to shoot a clay pigeon, but I was so concerned about the gun kicking back at me that I wasn't very good. It was still fun though. I didn't take any pictures of the feast, but I got some of everyone shooting.
Jace was pretty good on the car ride. He actually slept most of the time both ways. This is what we go through everytime we put shoes and socks on Jace. He always manages to get one shoe and one sock off.
Here's Jace with his earplugs. He hated having them on at first, but once we held his hands down long enough that he couldn't touch them, he stopped trying to take them off. He couldn't hear us at all with them on, so I think they must have done their job keeping the noise out.

Lance with his shooting buddy, his dad. I just realized I didn't get one with his dad and his brother. Darn!

Lance and Derek and the whole sprawl of people.

Here's me with the gun. I don't look like I was dressed up for shooting, but I wanted to do it anyways. You can tell I was the picture taker because I was holding the case while I shot the gun.

On Friday, we didn't wake up at the break of dawn to go shopping, but we did go shopping later at about 10:00. We hit Sears just right in the knick of time. We got a new carseat for Jace and we got the last one right as about 10 people came over to get it. We beat all the people. It was kind of a nice feeling. We went to a couple other stores too, but didn't buy much of anything else. It was still fun though, and very tiring!


After we went shopping, Lance and I went on a date to Body Worlds!

It was pretty awesome! Lance got tickets for his Birthday from my parents. It was so interesting. If you don't know what it is, basically, scientists found a way to inject plastic into cells to preserve them after an organism has died. So, this was just a huge exhibit of bodies and body parts that had been plasticized. They had actual bodies formed into different shapes and then all the body parts from people that have died and donated their bodies to science. It was really hard to believe that all these people and parts were actually real people at one time. The most interesting part to me was they had actual fetuses there at like 6 weeks on. I actually got to see what that stuff looks like! I also really liked getting to see the difference between clean lungs and smokers' lungs. I got to see everything! I wish I could tell everyone the cool things I got to see and learn. I was really nervous about going to this because the way Lance described it was horrible. The worst part about the whole thing was there was a lot of walking. I walked so much yesterday and it was a little much for my foot to handle. All in all, it was a really nice weekend. I had a lot of fun getting to spend time with Lance and Jace and our families.

0 comments: