CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, December 27, 2008

In Memorium


Today, we had a tragedy happen.  Our sweet little dog, Lola, was attacked and killed by our neighbor's dog.  I let her out to go to the bathroom and instantly, she found a spot to get out of our yard.  She's such a small dog that it's not hard for her to squeeze through any space in our fence.  I ran to the front yard because that's where she usually goes when she gets out and she wouldn't come.  So, I ran back to the backyard and heard her crying and a saw a big black lab running away.  I put on my shoes and ran out there and saw the dog with her in his mouth just shaking her.  I didn't get any closer out of fear that the dog would come after me next.  I knew she had to be dead.  I sent Lance out and he went and couldn't find her.  Anyways..we called the animal control and since they were closed, a police officer had to come out.  They went over and found the black lab in its  yard with Lola laying next to it dead.  They came  back and gave us her collar and asked if we wanted to bury her and I told them no just because of all the snow and everything.  It's been kind of a sad day in our home.  Jace loved Lola and so did we.  She was the lap dog I've always wanted.  I'm going to miss her little den of stuff under our kitchen table that I always had to clean up.  I'm going to miss her snuggling into bed between Lance and I at night. I'm going to miss her biting all the limbs off of Jace's toys.  I'm going to miss her tackling with Whitey.     I'm going to miss her rolling on her back every time I went to her.  I'm going to miss her climbing up to Jace's crib every time I opened his door to get him in the morning.  I'm going to miss her standing on her hind legs for a treat.  I'm going to miss her chasing Whitey around the back yard trying to keep up. I'm going to miss her accidentally dunking her head in the water every time I tried to give her a bath. I'm going to miss her barking at Whitey every time he ate her food.  I'm just plain going to miss her.   We love you Lola.  Rest in peace!  

4 comments:

Manda Jane Clawson said...

Oh no I'm so sorry! Labs usually aren't that mean and violent, I'd be making sure that dog got put to sleep! What if it had turned on you or someone else? Heaven forbid it had been a small child!! I'm so sorry about little Lola :(

Shellianne said...

Sad. I would totally cry.

Susie said...

I am so sorry!!! I know how hard it is to lose a dog tragically!!! This brought tears to my eyes.

Heather said...

oh my goodness Nicole, that's so very sad and I am sorry. we love dogs too and its so hard when you lose one that you absolutly love.

big hugs! Heather