CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, December 27, 2008

Merry Late Christmas

We hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas this year.  I  know our family did.  I've decided that I really don't care about getting presents as much as I enjoy getting presents for others and seeing their faces when they open them.  Our ward did a sub for Santa for another ward and I got some pajamas for a 7-year old boy.  I know that that family didn't wasn't as fortunate as we were, but I would have loved to see his face to open up some Spiderman pajamas.  Our Christmas really was wonderful.  I didn't take pictures with my camera (dang!) but we did take a lot of video.  On either Monday or Tuesday night (I can't remember), we got home and found a bag of presents on our porch.  There were toys in there for Jace and then gift cards for Lance and I.  Wow...not something we expected but something we were SO GRATEFUL for.  It's just such a nice feeling to be thought of by someone out there (we still don't know who).  

The weather was pretty crazy this Christmas.  On Christmas Eve, we got up and headed out to Salt Lake.  We dropped Jace  off at my brother's house where Lance's sister, Tara, watched Jace and their kids.  4 kids under the age of 4...not an easy task!  My family and Lance and I went to Desert Star to see "Miracle on 42nd Street" because my cousin was in it.  It was a really good play and we enjoyed the break from the kids.  After the play, Lance and I went and took over watching the kids while everyone else went to lunch.  Later that night, we watched "Elf" and read "A Christmas Story" to the kids.  It was a very nice night.

On Christmas day, we got up early again to really crazy weather.  It was very windy and wet out in Tooele.  The wind actually kept me up all night Christmas Eve. We opened presents at our own house first.  Jace's eyes just lit up when we took him in to see the tree with its lights  on and presents under the tree.  He didn't care about opening  the presents, but he enjoyed playing with them.  I think he was  most excited about the baby snacks in his stocking.  Lance got me a standing mixer and I was so surprised!  I've asked for one and never in my life expected it!  It's not a kitchenaid, but I don't care.  I don't need the fancy gadgets that kitchenaids have.

We went to Lance's parents after that and did presents there.  Lance's parents spoiled us.  They got us a garbage disposal and are paying for installation as well.  So excited about it!!!  After the presents there, Lance's mom made her annual Christmas breakfast and some of the extended family came over.  There weren't as many that came due to the bad weather.  Breakfast was very yummy though.  As we ate, Lance read the Living Christ, a tradition we enjoy.  It really reminds us to remember Christ at this time of year.  

After breakfast and everything, we headed back to my brother's house to open presents with my family.  One thing about doing it with my family is that I don't think you've ever seen so presents as they have there.  There were garbage bags just full of gifts.  We really are blessed.  My parents gave me a lot of decorations for my house.  That's what I wanted more than anything.  Our house has a lot of ledges and I'm not a decorator, so I needed something to put on them and I actually got some stuff.  I made my nieces tutus and my 2-year-old niece was actually scared of hers.  She wouldn't touch it or go near  it.  Kind of sad and funny at the same time.  Hopefully she'll grow into it.   We didn't do a traditional Christmas dinner.  My mom brought over a lot of snacks and made her very yummy bran muffins and hot chocolate.  It was just great being together as a family.

We've been out in Salt Lake everyday the past week.  It's nice spending today at home to find a place for everything and clean up after the Christmas chaos.  I enjoyed Salt Lake with our families, but am glad it's all over so I can just be at home with my own little family now.  

2 comments:

Manda Jane Clawson said...

Sounds like a really fun Christmas! It's so great to be able to spend time with those you love :)

Andrea Campbell said...

I thought you may be interested to know, Brynn has been running around tonight in her Tutu. Dillan has also been wearing it. It's a hit. Brynn was just sooo tired on Christmas Day. She loves it now! Dillan takes his cape all over the house too. Thanks again!!!