CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, August 23, 2009

CRAFTS!

I've never considered myself a crafty person at all. I always said that I don't enjoy it and stuff like that. That's until I actually do it. Lately, I've done a lot of painting and crafty sort of things. Yesterday, I went to a Super Saturday in my mother-in-law's/sisters-in-laws ward (my mother-in-law and brother are in the same ward). My mother-in-law knew I liked some of the things they were doing this year, so she decided to give them to me as an early Birthday gift. Anyways...here are some of the cute things I was able to do yesterday.


I think these are so cute for the Fall. I'm so excited for the Fall season to come up so I can put them out to decorate! I didn't do the edging detail right, so the paint is a little heavy on the edges. Oh well...I like it anyways.


Then, I made this frame with our last name and when we were married. The lettering didn't come out completely straight on the glass. But it still looks pretty good.


This was my biggest project of the day and probably my favorite as well. It took so much time to trace letters, paint, cut out, glue, etc. to do this. It was so worth it though!


Here's a picture of the frame and family letters put together on the table. Can you tell I like black and red together?

These last 2 things were done a few weeks ago. But I wanted to show them off anyways because I'm pretty happy with myself.


This shelf, I found for really cheap at a thrift store. I bought it and sanded and painted it and I'm going to hang it up. I think I'm going to do another coat of paint because I keep finding all sorts of missed spots.


I really wish I could take credit for this project. My mother-in-law did this for me. We have a spot where we're going to hang up the shelf and this picture and since we did the shelf, we figured that it would be a good time to do the picture as well. My mother-in-law is really good at making flower pictures. She mostly does them that say like "love" or last names. She had a frame picked out specially for my house. I'm so excited to hang it up in our kitchen area and decorate!

I'm way excited to decorate with all these fun things I (and my mother-in-law) did for my house!

8 comments:

Manda Jane Clawson said...

Wow they all look great! I'm so jealous, I can't make anything crafty! lol :) Great job!

Jewls said...

Cute! I love crafty things!

Aubrey said...

Cute stuff! Gayla is so good at the flower pictures. I've got two in my house. What a fun day!

Shellianne said...

You really do have a great mother-in-law. We all love her and you guys too.

Utah Warriors said...

You are a crafty girl! I love the black and red frame and family letters. SO cute!

Andrea Campbell said...

Those turned out really cute! I need to get my things all put up too. I put my FAMILY thing up on the shelf above the love seat like I was telling you and the kids love it. They keep talking about it. It was fun to have you there.

Sarah said...

Ok, we need to do crafty things together because I really like doing them too but never have the opportunity. I'm super jealous of your cute things to decorate your house because my house is sorely in need of decorating. I've been wanting one of those established signs since I got married but have never found where to get them! Good job!

Randy & Laura said...

I love the family blocks...they are so cute. And the black and red look great together! :)