CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Utah State Fair

I've been wanting to blog about the fair for awhile, but I didn't have any pictures to go along with it until now. My camera was broken, so I had to wait until I could get pictures from my friend, Sarah, that went with us the fair. We went to the fair on the 14th, which was a Monday. Sarah and her husband Noah, and kids both came with me and Jace. Lance had to work, so he wasn't able to come. Anyways, when we got to the fair, we decided to just price the kids rides because we thought it would be fun to take the kids on a few rides. We found out the unlimited ride wristbands were buy 1 get 1 free. So, Sarah, Jace, Dagny, and I all got one. Jace loved it. I'm not so sure about Dagny though. She covered her eyes for most of the rides.


Here we are waiting in line for the carousel. I was very excited to take Jace on it. I just thought he would love it and he did. We didn't get any pictures on the carousel though because Sarah took the camera on the ride with her and it's hard, as you can imagine, to take pictures while you're trying to hold your child on.


The big yellow slide cost money, but luckily, they had a miniature one for the kids that was free with our wristbands. It was scary getting to the top. I can't even imagine hiking to the top of the yellow one. It was very hard getting onto the slide without your bag falling down ahead of you and then getting Jace onto my lap.


Here was our first ride down. Jace didn't like it so much the first trip down. I think it was a little scary for him.


The second ride down was lot more fun for him. Not Dagny so much. She covered her eyes on just about every ride we went on.


When we got to the bottom, we always would go past the slide and our butts would hit the hard ground.


Here's Sarah and Dagny riding the roller coaster. There wasn't room for me and Jace, so we had to wait for the next ride.


Jace absolutely loved the roller coaster. He let me hold his hands up in the air and everything. I've never heard him laugh so hard in my life.


I didn't like this ride. All it did was bump up and down and go in a circle. Jace didn't care for it as much either. I think he liked the excitement of the other rides a lot more. This ride kind of made me a little motion sick after awhile.


Here's Dagny in one of the buildings. She leaked through her diaper and had wet pants. Luckily, I took an extra pair of Jace's, so that's what she got to wear. You'd never know these were boy overalls, would you?


Sarah and I decided to be adventurous and go on the mini rocket. We were scared out of our minds going up on this ride and then waiting for it to drop us. I'm a big wimp.


We were very happy when the ride was over though.

Thanks Sarah, Noah, and Dagny (and Sunny, of course), for coming with us to the fair this year. It was so much fun! Even though it rained like crazy. It made it all the more fun being there. Let's make it tradition and go every year!

1 comments:

Jewls said...

Looks like fun! I love fairs (especially all the yummy treats!)