CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter

We had a lot of fun yesterday for Easter! Luckily, Jace seemed to be feeling a little better, so we were able to take him out on Easter to church and to the family get-togethers. Jace was extremely grumpy in the morning when he woke up. We decided to just stick him in his highchair and give him his basket to see if it would cheer him up. You can tell by the scowl on his face that it didn't do the trick. We got him a talking Elmo and you can tell he's not too thrilled with it. This is Jace's Easter outfit from Grandma Rowley. He was so cute when we put it on him. He knows when he looks good. He will just run around the house and show off. He wasn't very happy that I insisted on taking his picture. The bowtie he has on is another hand-me-down from when Lance was young.


Then, we were able to go to church and enjoy a wonderful fast and testimony meeting (only, I spent a lot of it out in the hall holding Jace since he wasn't happy during sacrament meeting). Jace officially turns 18 months next Sunday, the 19th. I've been so excited to take him to nursery so that I can get him out of my hair and enjoy sunday school and relief society for the first time in 18 months. Well, I decided that I might has well take him a week early just for a trial run to see how he does. I took him in and the minute we stepped in, he cried, even though I was with him. He cried the whole time. He didn't care about the other kids. He didn't care much about the toys. The only thing that kept him happy was goldfish crackers. I took advantage of him enjoying his snack for a few minutes so that I could run and do something for my calling. I got back not 3 minutes later and he was crying again. I don't understand why he hated it so bad! Let's just say that Lance is taking him next Sunday.

After Sunday school, we left to go to the Campbell family party. It was so much fun. My mom and sister did a treasure hunt and then an Easter egg hunt. My nephew, Dillan, was the only one that really did the treasure hunt. We took Jace out to do the egg hunt and he caught right on and loved it!

Lance was so good to walk Jace around and show him the jist of picking up the eggs and putting them in the bucket.

He really caught on quick and had a blast finding eggs and just playing in the backyard!

After we had the Campbell family fun, we went over to Grandma Rowley's and had more dinner and then just visited with family. We watched "Marley and Me" after dinner and that movie always makes me and Lance cry, no matter how times we watch it.


This is probably the first smile I got out of Jace all day! He's such a stud.

Jace was exhausted by the end of the day. He didn't get a nap. We found him in random places just with his head down from being so exhausted.

Lying on the floor

And on grandma. We've gotten a lot of this cuddle time lately and it's so fun!

Easter was great this year! Can't wait until next year!

1 comments:

Aubrey said...

He is getting so big! What a cutie. Looks like you had a fun Easter!