CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Jace's 18 Month stats

I just got back from taking Jace to the doctor for about the 4th time this month.  All of the previous appointments were for illness, but this one was actually a good appointment for his 18-month checkup.  The results were good.  He weighs 25 pounds, which is the 32% for weight, and is 33 inches tall, which is 75%-80% on height.  Basically, he's tall and skinny, which we already knew.  And the doctor said he's got a big head, which he's always had.  He's developing normally and is very healthy.  I think Jace is over his lactose intolerance finally.  It seems to have just been temporary.  

I don't know how many know this, but Jace's full name is Robert Jace Richard Rowley.  Yes, he has 2 first names.  We did it like that to incorporate my grandpa's name, Robert, in since he passed away less than a week before Jace was born.  Having 2 first names is proving to be kind of difficult lately.  We've had to decide what to tell the doctor his name is, if we want it to be Robert or Jace.  I know that when he goes to school, we'll have to decide if we want to enroll him as Robert or Jace.  When I had Jace, there was another Nicole Rowley in the same hospital just down the hall from me delivering her baby.  When we had visitors at the hospital, they all ended up in the wrong room.  It was very frustrating because I constantly worried that they were going to mix up our medical records or do something wrong.  We received a bill in the mail and they actually billed her insurance on our account.  It was just pure craziness!  Well, we've recently discored that there's another Jace Rowley that goes to the same doctor as Jace.  Today, when I went to check him in, they pulled up the wrong one.  Thank goodness for Hipaa and making us verify our information.  Well, we went back to the exam room and they took all of his history and asked me all of the routine questions to make sure Jace is developing correctly.  After all of the questions, they ask me for Jace's Birthday and they had put all of this info in the wrong Jace Rowley's account.  I guess I've learned my lesson.  I've now made sure that his name is under Robert Jace at the doctor so this doesn't happen again.  Who knew there were so many Nicole and Jace Rowleys out there?  

1 comments:

Andrea Campbell said...

Names can be such a hassle. that is really wierd. Thanks for all you offers to help. I'm sorry that I didn't get back to you on needing your help but the good news is that it meant I didn't need help = Brynn didn't go to the ER. Thanks again!