CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, April 19, 2009

First Trip to the Park

Yesterday, we had a fabulous day. Lance woke up with Jace in the morning and let me sleep in because I don't get the chance to do that very often. When I woke up, I felt great. So, I got up and put Jace down for a nap and let Lance take a nap. When they woke up, we decided it would be a great day to just clean up our house a little. It was just nice to work with my hubby and even Jace and get a lot done. After cleaning up, we decided that since it was so nice outside, that it would be nice to take Jace and the dogs to the park. We've never taken Jace to the park before and he loved it there! He got to go on the slide and ride the swings and just run free for a little while. Lance was very hopeful that we could teach the dogs to play fetch, but that didn't work so much. Whitey thought that as soon as he was off the leash, he could run wherever he pleased. He was so excited that he just went crazy. So we had to put him back on the leash. But Jace had fun nonetheless.


Jace sitting at the top of the slide. He actually didn't hate it like I thought he would. Of course, he had to be held onto or he would have flown right off!

He wasn't so sure about walking across this bridge, so he crawled.



When I put him on the swings, he just giggled. He loved it!


Okay, so this isn't the best picture because of the sun, but here are all 4 of the boys in my life!


Running free! He loved that there was so much space to just run.


We'll definitely be making a trip back to the park again soon. Let's just hope that the weather stays nice from now on so we can go.



Jace is officially 18 months old today! I can't believe it. I can't believe that my little boy is old enough to go to nursery. Time flies so fast. I was hoping for a better result with nursery today, but just like last week, Jace hated it. I don't know if I can say it was quite as bad as last week though. I took him in and when I took him in, he went straight for the toys and didn't care, so I decided to sneak out while he wasn't looking. Well, I went and looked in the window a few minutes later, and he realized I had left him and was screaming. So, I went in and he went back to playing and I continued to try and leave him, but every time I would go back, he would realize I was gone and be screaming again. I tried to just ignore it hoping that he would just get used to me being gone, but he would get screaming so hard and the teacher would have to take him in the hall, so I knew it just wasn't going well. I sent Lance in him for the second hour because I have relief society duties to do each week and Jace was fine with Lance in there. I guess I need to get together with other kids more so Jace can learn to socialize with them and hopefully like going to nursery soon. To celebrate turning 18 months, we decided to give Jace a chocolate donut this morning. He loved it and couldn't get it in his mouth fast enough.


I love my little boy! He's such a cutie. He has a dr. appointment on Tuesday, so I'll be sure and post his stats.

1 comments:

Manda Jane Clawson said...

That's nice that you were able to go to the park! I hope the warm weather stays nice like that :) Sorry to hear about the nursery situation, hope that gets better for you!